top of page
Helpful Moving Tips!
Moving is exciting! But can also be very frustrating. As professional movers our goal is to save you as much money, time, and headaches as possible. Here are some tips that ensure the best moving experience possible.
1. Start packing EARLY. You never realize how much stuff you have until you move. As tempting as it may be to start packing the days before the big move, save yourself a lot of stress by starting early. We recommend to begin boxing up belongings a month prior for those who have large family homes.
2. Anything that will fit in a box should go..in a box! Your toaster or printer will not stack well with everything else in the back of a large truck. Try to be well packed and well prepared when the movers arrive. This will make the move go significantly faster and SAVE you money!
3. Purchase boxes from your local Uhaul or hardware store. Trying to save a few dollars by packing your items into small, random boxes you got from the grocery store can cost you hundreds in labor time. You can save time and money by packing your belongings into a fraction of the number of boxes by using large, sturdy moving boxes.
4. If you really want to save time and money on the bill, have everything packed and ready to go in a room nearest the entrance. This can literally cut moving time and the bill in half. Our movers are more than happy to go room to room during the loading and unloading, but if cost is a concern for you, you can save a lot of time and money this way.
5. Label your boxes with colored tap! This is especially helpful if you would like your movers to unload everything into the correct rooms. You can save time and money when the movers don't need to ask you where boxes go because they are clearly labeled. This also makes unpacking a lot simpler too!
6. . Make sure to use packing paper and or bubble wrap when packing fragile belongings. Even clean clothes/socks can be used to pad any breakables when packing.
7. Use small boxes for books. Large boxes of books get very heavy, and can compromise the structural integrity of the box (i.e. the box can tear!)
8. By law, a moving company can’t transport hazardous materials such as gasoline, propane tanks, other flammables, ammunition, or explosives - make sure you make arrangements for these items!
9. Always tape boxes with packaging tape if possible. Try to avoid simply folding the top of the box or using open-topped boxes. Taped boxes stack and travel much better!
10. If you have any questions at all, ask!
bottom of page